Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Good News & Bad News

I have good news and bad news to share....I'll start with the bad news....Our 13 year old Great Dane/Black Lab dog Sadie was not doing well at all when we got back from our vacation, and on Monday we had to put her down. :'(  It broke all of our hearts....we had her since she was 8 weeks old. I still find myself thinking that I have to let her in/out, and am having a hard time getting used to life without her around. Since I've pretty much always been a stay at home Mom, Sadie has always been there to keep me company. I miss her so much!!

Now, on to some good news....We had an awesome vacation!! We got to see a lot of family members and some old friends. We went boating, tubing, fishing and just layed on the beach! It was so fun and relaxing.....just what Derek & I needed. :) Today I am getting back to the drawing board & sewing table to get some special orders done, and make some more things for another Fall update. I am hoping to have one in about a week....I'll post when I have enough finished. Well, I really do need to get to work....have a great day!! Blessings~Jackie

8 comments:

earlyamerica 1815 said...

Sorry to hear about Saddie Jackie...I know how special she was to your family. Will be thinking of you all...take care, Tina

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Jackie, So sorry to hear about Sadie, I know how they become so much a part of the family. We have a yellow lab, also called Sadie, we got her also when she was about 8 weeks old, she is seven now, I can tell she is starting to show her age. But is is nice to have them in our lives while we can. Sounds like you had a really nice vacation, can't wait to see what you turn out for fall. Take care, Vicky

HomeSpunPrims said...

Jackie,
I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie. I know you are missing her terribly. I hope you will be comforted by all the special memories of her. Take care my friend, Lori

Penny said...

Glad you had such a wonderful vacation, but so sorry about your poor Sadie.... I'm sure you're all missing her so much.....
Looking forward to seeing your latest creations!

WoolenSails said...

I am sorry to hear about Sadie, mine is 13 now and on meds, but I know each day he does well is precious and that time will come, it is hard when they have been a part of our life so long. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation.

Debbie

Farm Field Primitives said...

I am so sorry to hear about Sadie. Losing a furry child hurts so much. I pray for you all and hope you find comfort knowing she is waiting to see you again someday. Blessings to you all!
Melissa

T.F.C. Folk Art said...

Thanks everyone~~we go to pick up her ashes today. :(

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Hi Jackie ~ just read about your Sadiegirl...please know that she will be waiting for you with wiggly butt & sloppy kisses!!!
blessed be, my sweet friend...
Lori